The successor to Android K and Android L (Android Kit-Kat and Android Lollipop respectively), Android M, was announced recently at the eighth I/O annual developers’ conference. While the world is still guessing what sweet treat M stands for in the next version of Google’s Android operating system, can we call it ‘Major’ on the basis of upgrades and facilities it offers? Let’s examine –
1. App Permissions – This indeed is the most exciting new feature in Android M. The feature will give Android users more control over data available to the apps. So now, as an Android user, you have the control to accept or deny individual permissions related to different apps. The permissions process is also kept simple and this will help the user chuck out many unwanted or cumbersome things related to daily use apps. Indeed, this will sound like warning bells App companies to clear the hidden malware and adware in their Android apps.
2. Mobile payments – Android users have one more exciting thing to look forward to in the new Android M – Google’s new mobile payments system called Android Pay. This has been designed keeping in mind the need to make the checkout process easier and faster. Users can use Android Pay with their existing credit cards for buying products in 700,000+ stores in the US. Android Pay platform comes with the support of American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover, as well as carriers such as AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile.
3. Chrome Custom Tabs – Now, user can get Chrome Custom Tab feature in their smart phones; thanks to Android M! So that means you are all set to indulge in a better, faster and smarter user-experience when interacting with websites and apps. This feature will also allow apps to open a customized Chrome window on top of the active app and there will be no need to launch the Chrome app separately. Get ready to see automatic sign-in, saved passwords, autofill like user friendly features in your mobile surfing with Chrome Custom Tabs.
4. Fingerprint support – Phones running on Android M will have a new functionality feature of Fingerprint support which will play a significant role while shopping in real life or at your Play Store. Initially, the feature will be available on devices having fingerprint scanner in their hardware but one can expect to see this functionality coming on other smartphones as well in future.
5. More battery life with Doze – Android M also brings a new battery saver feature called Doze which will put your device into a deep sleep when the device isn’t being used. Hence, your complaints about low battery life are all set to disappear!
All such and many more features make Android M quite am awaited hero. Now is the time for business companies to upgrade their Mobile apps to suit the likes and functionality of Android M. The leading app development companies of India are already geared up to leverage their app expertise with Android M.